From Tom Mann
NW Classen classmate, Tom Mann writes “Here's a recipe for Beef Stroganoff that my mom used to make. I think she got it out of the newspaper although I've modified it a little over the years - added mushrooms, sirloin instead of round steak, more seasoning... serve over rice and enjoy!”
2 pounds Sirloin Steak, trimmed
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 jar whole Mushrooms
2 pints Sour Cream
coarse ground Black Pepper
1. Cut sirloin steak into 1 inch cubes. Trim all fat.
2. Brown steak cubes in olive oil and season generously with onion powder, garlic powder
and black pepper, several times.
3. Drain olive oil and discard.
4. Add cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms. Mix well.
5. Cover and simmer mixture on low heat for a couple of hours. Stir occasionally and season
lightly with onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper, several times.
6. After simmering for a couple of hours, turn up the heat a little and add sour cream. Fold the
sour cream into the mixture but don't let it boil.
7. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
8. Serve over cooked rice and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings
Copyright ©2003 The Ponca City News